In a home in Pompei, this is a wall that was painted on probably by the homeowner, whom they guess was from Africa, since that is the type of animals painted here. They said this home is well over 2000 years old, more like 3 centuries B.C. And it is so amazing to see these colors and the floors were tiny little mosiac tiles in beautiful patterns and marble and granite arranged walls and designs around a fountain in the entry way. So incredible.
The three of us in Pompei in the forum, which is more like an outdoor market place. These ruins are so incredibly preserved, you can still see the chariot tracks on the coblestone roads. And from where we were standing you could see the Southern Alps and Mediterranian Sea, what a view these people had..

Rome was amazing, beautiful, and I LOVED it. I am putting a couple pics up, I am gonna do photobucket or something (thank you Kacey for that idea) so you can go to the link and see them all, since i have over three hundred. But, now we are so exhausted and completely off sleep schedule. It is hard to go ahead 8 hours for a week and then back 8 hours, especially since we were up and traveling for 20 and came home to our sweet kids here who were not ready for bed at 6pm. So, besides that I have a zillion loads of laundry to catch up on, house cleaning to do, and I broke down and watched the Twilight movie on the way over and the way back and now I am hooked and fighting the urge to get all four books and sit and read read read and nap and do nothing else. I will sit and write some more detailed entries with the correct pictures in a few days after we have settled in a little more. One more thing, Rome was extremely expensive..
3 comments:
I can't wait to see more pictures. These pics are awesome. I'm glad you had a good trip.
So jealous.....glad you had a good trip. How did your sweet baby do? Can't wait to see the pictures!
I am jealous I want to go some where warm and beautiful, but next time leave that baby with me oh and your other kids.
Post a Comment